initiateverb [ T ]uk /ɪˈnɪʃ.i.eɪt/ us /ɪˈnɪʃ.i.eɪt/
initiate verb [ T ] (START)
- Hague initiated a series of reforms of the Conservative Party.
- Some of the orders are initiated directly on the trading floor.
- The council initiates its own studies and carries out research at the request of private organizations.
- He is credited with initiating several new literary forms.
- The Commission has power to initiate legislation.
initiate verb [ T ] (TEACH)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: