join verb (CONNECT)
The A11 joins the M11 south of Cambridge.
The River Murray and the River Darling join east of Adelaide.
join verb (DO TOGETHER)
I'm sure everyone will join me in wishing you a very happy retirement (= everyone else will do this too).
The police have joined with (= they have begun to work with) the Drug Enforcement Agency in trying to catch major drug traffickers.
join verb (BECOME A MEMBER)
join the ranks
- They tempted him to join the company by offering him a large salary and a company car.
- We had to pay a stiff membership fee to join the health club.
- He joined the air force in 1964 and spent ten years in the service.
- I've just joined the local golf/squash/tennis club.
- We were surprised when he announced he wanted to join the clergy .