Hey, lady, what's the rush?
ladies [ S, + sing/pl verb ] UK US ladies' room
ladies and gentlemen
- In those days it was considered not quite proper for young ladies to be seen talking to men in public.
- I was standing waiting for a bus, wedged between two elderly ladies and their bags of shopping.
- The old lady rented us her spare bedroom for £55 a week.
- Step aside, please - this lady needs a doctor.
- Don't speak to me in that tone of voice , young lady!
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: