marry verb (TWO PEOPLE)
Paul married Lucy four years ago.
- He's been single for so long now, I don't think he'll ever marry.
- He told me that he's going to ask Ruth to marry him.
- Greg and Jody met at college and married soon after they graduated.
- He finally plucked up courage to ask her to marry him.
- In many cultures, it is considered important for a woman to keep herself pure until she marries.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- always a bridesmaid, never the bride idiom
- arranged marriage
- bachelor party
- bachelorette party
- get spliced idiom
- give sb away
- go/walk down the aisle idiom
- golden anniversary
- golden wedding anniversary
- guard of honour
- register office
- registry office
- ruby anniversary
- shotgun wedding
- shower tea