material noun (PHYSICAL SUBSTANCE)
- The meteorites contained only inorganic material.
- Clay is a very plastic material.
- Uranium is a radioactive material.
- The regular incorporation of organic material into garden soil improves its quality enormously.
- Prices of goods are governed by the cost of the raw materials, as well as by the cost of production and distribution.
material noun (INFORMATION)
material noun (CLOTH)
How much material will you need to make the skirt?
material noun (EQUIPMENT)
material adjective (PHYSICAL)
material adjective (IMPORTANT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words