means noun (METHOD)
They had no means of communication.
- Television is an increasingly important means of communication.
- Exams are not the only means of assessing a student's ability.
- Well, we'll just have to find some other means of persuading her.
- There must be some means by which wealth can be distributed more equitably.
- Another means of preventing further flooding would be to deepen the river bed.
means noun (MONEY)
a man/woman of means
› a rich man/woman
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words