motornoun [ C ]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/
motor noun [ C ] (DEVICE)
- I took the motor apart to see how it worked.
- Dust particles must have got into the motor, which is why it isn't working properly.
- The starter motor was playing up again.
- It looks like the starter motor on the car has burned out.
- This new car is seen as the great white hope of the British motor industry.
motor noun [ C ] (CAR)
motoradjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/
motor adjective [ before noun ] (CAR)
motor adjective [ before noun ] (MUSCLES)
motorverb [ I ]uk /ˈməʊ.tər/ us /ˈmoʊ.t̬ɚ/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words