Definition of “mylohyoid” - English Dictionary

british dictionary

“mylohyoid” in British English

See all translations

mylohyoidnoun [ C ]

uk /ˌmaɪ.ləʊˈhaɪ.ɔɪd/ us /ˌmaɪ.loʊˈhaɪ.ɔɪd/ specialized

the muscle that goes from the lower jaw to the hyoid bone (= a bone in the middle of the neck) that forms the floor of the mouth

(Definition of “mylohyoid” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)