› used instead of "I" or "me":
(all) by myself
(all) to myself
› for my use only:
I never get an hour to myself.
not be/seem/feel myself
- I've had to train myself to be more assertive at work.
- I felt so ashamed of myself for making such a fuss.
- I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to the kids.
- I'm going to karate lessons to learn how to defend myself.
- I've cut myself on that glass.
Pronouns: reflexive (myself, themselves, etc.)Reflexive pronouns end in -self or -selves. They refer back to the subject forms of personal pronouns (underlined in the example below): …
Reflexive pronouns for same subject and objectWe often use reflexive pronouns when the subject and the object of the verb refer to the same person or thing: …
Reflexive pronouns + by meaning aloneWe often use reflexive pronouns with by to mean ‘alone’ or ‘without any help’: …