She's an actress whose inner life has remained mysterious, despite the many interviews she has given.
- All the rose bushes seem to be suffering from the same mysterious malady.
- She claims to have occult powers, given to her by some mysterious spirit.
- These mysterious creatures live at the bottom of the ocean.
- When I got home, I found a mysterious message sellotaped to the front door.
- She wondered who'd sent her the mysterious email.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a chicken and egg situation idiom
- all of a doodah idiom
- all over the place idiom
- at sea idiom
- not know what hit you idiom
- not know where/which way to turn idiom
- not know whether to laugh or cry idiom
- not know whether you are coming or going idiom
- off balance