narcolepsynoun [ U ]uk /ˈnɑː.kə.lep.si/ us /ˈnɑːr.kə.lep.si/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- acoustic neuroma
- akinetic-rigid HD
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- multiple system atrophy
- muscular dystrophy
- myasthenia gravis
- myelin damage
- persistent vegetative state
noun [ C ], adjective uk /ˌnɑː.kəˈlep.tɪk/ us /ˌnɑːr.kəˈlep.tɪk/
- Narcolepsy can be very dangerous, especially if a narcoleptic person is driving a car.
- Narcolepsy is a sickness that makes people very sleepy.
- People with narcolepsy can fall asleep at any time in any place: in a restaurant, at a store, or walking down the street!