They'd eaten nearly everything.
not nearly as/so
not nearly enough
- The under-18s constitute nearly 25% of the town's population.
- Customs officers have seized nearly a ton of heroin destined for New York.
- I'm nearly ready - just give me a couple of minutes.
- It was such a hassle trying to get my bank account changed that I nearly gave up.
- They were finally reconciled with each other, after not speaking for nearly five years.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: