ownernoun [ C ]uk /ˈəʊ.nər/ us /ˈoʊ.nɚ/
B1 someone who owns something:
Are you the owner of this car?
We still haven't found the dog's owner.
- The previous owner of the house had built an extension on the back.
- The painting was restored to its rightful owner.
- It's a typical country estate with a large house for the owner, farm buildings and estate workers' houses.
- The government restructured the coal industry before selling it to private owners.
- The unions assured the new owners of the workers' loyalty to the company.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words