oxygennoun [ U ]uk /ˈɒk.sɪ.dʒən/ us /ˈɑːk.sɪ.dʒən/ symbol O
- Blood carries oxygen through the body.
- Broken bones, organ damage, shock, lack of oxygen, and extreme cold all reduce your chances of survival.
- Laughing is good for your brain and your heart because they need a lot of oxygen to work well.
- Space is almost a vacuum, with neither the pressure nor oxygen to support the human body.
- The oxygen problem was finally solved by the use of pressurized cabins, allowing balloons to rise higher and higher.
- The problems at such a high altitude are the cold, low air pressure, and lack of oxygen.
- Their roots are above the water and can “breathe” oxygen.
- To save oxygen and energy, stay calm.
- Water is made up of two chemicals, hydrogen and oxygen.