Definition of “palindrome” - English Dictionary

british dictionary

“palindrome” in British English

See all translations

palindromenoun [ C ]

uk /ˈpæl.ɪn.drəʊm/ us /ˈpæl.ɪn.droʊm/

a word or group of words that is the same when you read it forwards from the beginning or backwards from the end:

"Refer" and "level" are palindromes.

(Definition of “palindrome” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)