picnicnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpɪk.nɪk/ us /ˈpɪk.nɪk/
Why don't you take a picnic with you?
- We enjoyed a leisurely picnic lunch on the lawn.
- This looks like a nice spot for a picnic.
- We spread the picnic rug out on the ground and sat down to eat.
- We're going to have a picnic, weather permitting .
- We sat on the river bank and had a picnic.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
picnicverb [ I ]uk /ˈpɪk.nɪk/ us /ˈpɪk.nɪk/ past participle picnicking, past tense and past participle picnicked
noun [ C ] uk /ˈpɪk.nɪ.kər/ us /ˈpɪk.nɪ.kɚ/