planningnoun [ U ]uk /ˈplæn.ɪŋ/ us /ˈplæn.ɪŋ/
planning noun [ U ] (DECIDING)
- forward planning
- The project went over budget because of a miscalculation at the planning stage.
- strategic planning
- We need to do some brainstorming before we get down to detailed planning.
- Careful planning is essential if the event is to be a success.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
planning noun [ U ] (DESIGNING)
- The local council refused him planning permission to build an extra bedroom.
- Our planning application was refused.
- You'll need planning permission if you want to build an extension.
- We've sent the drawings to the planning department.
- She has a qualification in town and country planning.