point sth out
— phrasal verb with point uk /pɔɪnt/ us /pɔɪnt/ verb
[ + that ] He was planning to book a rock-climbing holiday, till I pointed out that Denis is afraid of heights.
- She was quick to point out that it wasn't her fault.
- They credited my account with $20 after I pointed out the error.
- The mechanic pointed out the repair on the front of my car.
- The curator guided us round the gallery, pointing out the most famous paintings in the collection.
- A couple of alert readers wrote in to the paper pointing out the mistake.