get/take possession of sth specialized
- Police found a large quantity of drugs in his possession.
- Her most cherished possession is a 1926 letter from F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- She attaches a lot of importance to personal possessions.
- Her photograph is among my most prized possessions.
- This pen that my grandfather gave me is one of my most treasured possessions.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Apostrophe + s to show possessionWhen we show who owns something or has a close relationship with something, we use an apostrophe + s after the name or the noun. When the noun is plural, we put the apostrophe after the s: …
Possessive ’sWe use apostrophe s (’s), also called possessive ’s, as a determiner to show that something belongs to someone or something: …
’s or of or either?There are some general rules about when to use ’s and when to use of but there are many cases where both are possible: …