- Her climb to power has been very rapid.
- The rapid growth of opposition to the plan has surprised the council.
- The report notes a rapid decline in manufactured goods.
- She had her first three children in rapid succession.
- Technological progress has been so rapid over the last few years.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- a mile a minute idiom
- as fast as your legs would carry you idiom
- as if it is going out of style idiom
- at a rate of knots idiom
- have a heavy foot idiom
- in the twinkling of an eye idiom
- Jack Robinson
- spread like wildfire idiom
noun [ U ] uk /rəˈpɪd.ə.ti/ us /rəˈpɪd.ə.t̬i/ formal
adverb uk /ˈræp.ɪd.li/ us /ˈræp.ɪd.li/