reinforceverb [ T ]uk /ˌriː.ɪnˈfɔːs/ us /ˌriː.ɪnˈfɔːrs/
- The foundations will have to be reinforced to prevent the house from sinking further into the ground.
- The wooden beam is reinforced with a metal plate.
- Caring for animals is not sentimentality - it reinforces our respect for life.
- The builders used metal rods to reinforce the walls of the building.
- He used hand gestures to reinforce what he was saying.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: