rely on/upon sb/sth
— phrasal verb with rely uk /rɪˈlaɪ/ us /rɪˈlaɪ/ verb
I rely on you for good advice.
- Can we confidently rely on him to get the job done?
- The school has to rely on the goodwill of the parents to help it raise money.
- When you're apart you rely so heavily on the phone.
- These computer games rely on 3-D graphics.
- One of the good things about Inga is that you can always rely on her unfailing enthusiasm.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: