resembleverb [ T ]uk /rɪˈzem.bəl/ us /rɪˈzem.bəl/
C1 to look like or be like someone or something:
- The overlapping slates of the roofs in the mountain village resembled fish scales.
- His latest sculpture resembles an enormous seashell.
- That actor really resembles my brother-in-law.
- The finished model should resemble the one in the picture.
- The twins resembled each other more strongly when they were young.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: