rhetoricnoun [ U ]uk /ˈret.ər.ɪk/ us /ˈret̬.ɚ.ɪk/
How far the president will be able to translate his campaign rhetoric into action remains to be seen.
- He has toned down his rhetoric of late.
- This isn't just rhetoric.
- That may sound like rhetoric, a wild exaggeration.
- Before long, the same political rhetoric was repeated.
- Without a coherent set of policies to persuade the electorate, the Republicans have resorted to sloganeering and empty rhetoric.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words