roadnoun [ C or U ]uk /rəʊd/ us /roʊd/
I live in/on Mill Road.
My address is 82 Mill Road.
Is this the Belfast road (= the road that goes to Belfast)?
on the road
- The car skidded off the road, hit a tree and overturned.
- New pedestrian pathways are being built alongside the road.
- I bent down and picked up the coins lying on the road.
- Snow and ice have left many roads treacherous, and motorists are warned to drive slowly.
- Wintry conditions are making roads hazardous for drivers in the northeast of England.