sisternoun [ C ]uk /ˈsɪs.tər/ us /ˈsɪs.tɚ/
Sophie and Emily are sisters.
Lynn's such a good friend - she's like a sister to me.
- While I struggled, my sister coasted through school with top grades.
- You're confusing me with my sister, - she's the one studying drama.
- I do like her - after all, she is my sister.
- Not content with having upset my parents, he then insulted my sister!
- I've got a family crisis on my hands - my 16-year-old sister is pregnant.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: