sort sth/sb out
— phrasal verb with sort uk /sɔːt/ us /sɔːrt/ verb
- When the kitchen is finished I'm going to focus my attention on the garden and get that sorted out.
- This is just a holding operation until we get the new management structure sorted out.
- We had a very productive meeting - I felt we sorted out a lot of problems.
- I've been sorting out my study all day, but it's such a mess I don't feel I'm getting anywhere.
- Alan's gone off on holiday and I've been landed with the job of sorting out his mistakes.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: