standingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈstæn.dɪŋ/ us /ˈstæn.dɪŋ/
standing noun [ U ] (REPUTATION)
- He's a barrister of considerable standing.
- The president's standing with the public has been largely unaffected by the disclosure.
- This latest revelation has done nothing to boost his political standing.
- He had the wealth of a gentleman but not the social standing.
- She had hoped that the move would enhance her standing within the company.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: