strangernoun [ C ]uk /ˈstreɪn.dʒər/ us /ˈstreɪn.dʒɚ/
B1 someone you do not know:Note: Do not confuse with foreigner (= a person from another country).
- He had the eerie feeling that he had met this stranger before.
- She's dreaming she'll be whisked off her feet by a tall, dark handsome stranger.
- I was propositioned by a complete stranger.
- It can be difficult to strike up a conversation with a complete stranger.
- He went up to a complete stranger and started talking.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: