have had sufficient UK formal
- Will a loan of $500 be sufficient?
- Did you have sufficient time to do the work?
- I hope we have sufficient people to do the job.
- If I buy two pounds of fish that should be sufficient for four people.
- I'm not convinced we have sufficient funds to do this project.
adverb uk /səˈfɪʃ.ənt.li/ us /səˈfɪʃ.ənt.li/
- I was sufficiently close to hear what they were saying.
- By this time she was sufficiently recovered to be back at work.
- I am not confident that the measures in place are sufficiently rigorous.
- It is thought that the feed was not exposed to sufficiently high temperatures to rid it of infection.
- I'm not sufficiently versed in computers to understand what you're saying.