suggestionnoun [ C or U ]uk /səˈdʒes.tʃən/ us /səˈdʒes.tʃən/
I have a few favourite restaurants that I tend to go back to, but I'm always open to new suggestions (= willing to try new ones that people suggest).
- They treated his suggestion with derision.
- Although they said nothing, she could sense their disapproval of her suggestion.
- I'd like to think I'm open to any reasonable suggestion.
- Every time I make a suggestion at work, my boss overrides it.
- My suggestion that we all play tennis sank like a stone.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words