swimsuitnoun [ C ]uk /ˈswɪm.suːt/ /ˈswɪm.sjuːt/ us /ˈswɪm.suːt/ US also swimming suit
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Everyone had to wait while he put on his swimsuit.
- I bought a new swimsuit for my vacation.
- People have even tried to make swimsuits with sharkskin material to help athletes swim faster.
- They bought surfboards and swimsuits.
- They must change from their swimsuits to their bike equipment very quickly.
- You can wear a swimsuit, but in cold water, a wetsuit is best.