tanknoun [ C ]uk /tæŋk/ us /tæŋk/
tank noun [ C ] (CONTAINER)
- We'll have to get a plumber in to look at that water tank.
- There was a tank of live lobsters in the restaurant.
- Liquid and solid waste is collected in the tank.
- Oil was trickling from a tiny hole in the tank.
- The car blew up when flames reached its fuel tank.
tank noun [ C ] (VEHICLE)
- He was killed when his tank ran over a mine.
- The gun fires a shell capable of piercing the armour of an enemy tank.
- The second projectile exploded after hitting a tank.
tank noun [ C ] (POOL)
tankverb [ I ]uk /tæŋk/ us /tæŋk/ informal
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words