terrifyverb [ T ]uk /ˈter.ə.faɪ/ us /ˈter.ə.faɪ/
- Our maths teacher terrified all the children.
- I'm terrified by spiders.
- The thought of being stuck underground terrified him.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- chill sb to the bone/marrow idiom
- make your flesh crawl/creep idiom
- put the fear of God into you idiom
- put/get the wind up sb idiom
- send chills down/up sb's spine idiom
- send shivers down/up sb's spine idiom
- send shudders/a shudder down your spine idiom
- shiver (up and) down your spine idiom