tornadonoun [ C ]uk /tɔːˈneɪ.dəʊ/ us /tɔːrˈneɪ.doʊ/ plural tornadoes or tornados US informal also twister
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
- After all, Kansas is a place where there are tornadoes almost every year.
- After the tornado hit in 2007, they wanted to help the town.
- At 9:45 p.m. the tornado hit the town.
- It was the strongest kind of tornado.
- Sometimes it is so windy that there are tornadoes like the one that destroyed Greensburg!
- Then they began to hear the loud noise a tornado makes.
- These people thought that another tornado might come and destroy the town again.