turtlenoun [ C ]uk /ˈtɜː.təl/ us /ˈtɝː.t̬əl/ plural turtles or turtle
Examples from literature
- A sea turtle lays eggs at night.
- But this work does not protect the turtles from their worst enemy.
- Each turtle makes a nest by digging a hole in the sand.
- Man is the greatest threat to sea turtles.
- Sea turtles developed flippers to adapt to life in the sea.
- Some predators of baby sea turtles are crabs and birds.
- The turtle opens its mouth and a fish sees the skin moving around and thinks it is a worm.
- There are over 200 different kinds of turtles that are in danger in the world.
- Turtles and tortoises have always held our fascination.
- Turtles and tortoises have had a long relationship with humans.