type noun (GROUP)
be sb's type
- This type of account offers you instant access to your money.
- Vodka is a type of spirit.
- Oranges, apples, pears and bananas are all types of fruit.
- Some types of jellyfish have a powerful sting.
- Guy wasn't really the sporty type.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
type noun (PRINTED LETTERS)
typeverb [ I or T ]uk /taɪp/ us /taɪp/
type verb [ I or T ] (WRITE)
He can type very quickly.
- Her typewriter clacked noisily as she typed out the letter.
- Oops! I've typed two L's by mistake.
- It would look more professional if the letter was typed.
- By typing in simple commands you could pick up objects and talk to other avatars, with your words displayed in a cartoon bubble above your head.
- He had injured his left hand and was typing one-handed.