type noun (GROUP)
be sb's type
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
type noun (PRINTED LETTERS)
typeverb [ I or T ]uk /taɪp/ us /taɪp/
type verb [ I or T ] (WRITE)
He can type very quickly.
- Her typewriter clacked noisily as she typed out the letter.
- Oops! I've typed two L's by mistake.
- It would look more professional if the letter was typed.
- By typing in simple commands you could pick up objects and talk to other avatars, with your words displayed in a cartoon bubble above your head.
- He had injured his left hand and was typing one-handed.