B2 not known to you:
His name was unfamiliar to me.
be unfamiliar with sth
- Many of the technical terms were unfamiliar to me.
- She felt increasingly nervous as she walked across a room full of unfamiliar faces.
- I'm afraid you'll have to explain things to me, I'm unfamiliar with this system.
- He sounded very much like someone I knew, but his face was unfamiliar.
- People can often be hostile to anything foreign or unfamiliar.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: