verdictnoun [ C ]uk /ˈvɜː.dɪkt/ us /ˈvɝː.dɪkt/
Voters gave their verdict on the government's economic record last night by voting overwhelmingly for the opposition.
- The jury passed a verdict of guilty, with an appeal to the judge for clemency.
- Protestors gathered outside the court to await the verdict.
- After five days of deliberations, the jury decided on a verdict of not guilty.
- The coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure.
- Many politicians and members of the public expressed outrage at the verdict.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: