visitornoun [ C ]uk /ˈvɪz.ɪ.tər/ us /ˈvɪz.ɪ.t̬ɚ/
› someone who goes to a website on the internet
- There has been a steady decrease in the number of visitors to the museum.
- For a few weeks in the summer, visitors are able to go round Buckingham Palace.
- My mother's having visitors to stay next week.
- Most foreign visitors to Britain enter the country legitimately.
- New security measures require all visitors to sign in at reception and wear a visitor's badge.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: