Cambridge Dictionaries online Cambridge Dictionaries online

The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English


English definition of “felt-tip”


noun [C]     /ˌfelt.ˈtɪp/ (also felt-tip pen,   /ˌfelt.tɪpˈpen/   , UK also fibre-tip, fibre-tip pen)
a pen that has a writing point made of felt Writing implements
(Definition of felt-tip noun from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)
Focus on the pronunciation of felt-tip

Word of the Day

tie the knot

to get married

Word of the Day


Read our blog about how the English language behaves.

Learn More

New Words

Find words and meanings that have just started to be used in English, and let us know what you think of them.

Learn More