assistverb [ I or T ]uk /əˈsɪst/ us /əˈsɪst/ formal
B2 to help帮助；协助；援助
assist the police with/in their inquiries UK
- Migrating birds make use of airstreams to assist them on their long journey south.
- Yasmin assisted in the preparation of this article.
- Emergency crews, assisted by the army, are searching for survivors.
- The doctor performed a small operation to assist the patient's breathing.
- The photographers could face charges of manslaughter and failure to assist the victims of the crash.