Cambridge Learner's Dictionary, English-Russian
The ideal dictionary for Russian learners of English
Select "English-Russian" from the list of dictionaries at the top of any page on Cambridge Dictionaries Online to search this dictionary.
Russian translations for 20,000 words and phrases
25,000 examples show how words work in typical contexts
Specially aimed at intermediate learners of English at CEF levels A2-B2
Guidewords take you to the exact meaning you are looking for
Based on the 1.5 bn word Cambridge English Corpus
Hear the words spoken online with thousands of British English and American English recordings.
Also available as a book
Get the Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary English-Russian from Cambridge ELT.
- Over 1,000 Word Partner boxes give you the collocations that will make your English sound fluent and natural.
- Thesaurus boxes help you to learn all the different words with the same meaning.
- English Vocabulary Profile levels show which words and meanings are known by learners at what level.
- 50 learner error notes based on information from the Cambridge Learner Corpus, concentrating on the mistakes most frequently made by Russian learners of English.
- Hundreds of illustrations plus colour pages for when a picture helps more than a written definition.
- Russian-English section showing English translations for the most frequent words in Russian.
- Extra Help pages focus on getting the most out of the dictionary.