adenoidsnoun [ plural ]uk /ˈæd.ən.ɔɪdz/ us /ˈæd.ən.ɔɪdz/
adjective uk /ˌæd.ənˈɔɪ.dəl/ us /ˌæd.ənˈɔɪ.dəl/
Examples from literature
- Another condition of the throat which causes much ill-health is well known to the public under the name of adenoids.
- Extra study was made of adenoids, glands, nutrition, and goitre.
- The removal of adenoids is simple, and carries with it only temporary pain and no danger.
- Unfortunately, however, many people have an erroneous idea that children will "grow out of adenoids."
- Years ago he had had his adenoids removed, and the memory was by no means pleasant.