Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- As well as Ötzi, 2,000-year-old mummies with tattoos have been found in both Egypt and parts of Asia.
- Asia is the largest continent.
- Australian Aborigines crossed the sea from Asia as early as 50,000 years ago.
- Because of these inventions, people in a city like London can have tropical fruits from Asia, coffee from Central America, and fresh fish from Scotland every day, any time of year.
- Here’s the slow loris from the jungles of Southeast Asia.
- In fact, his people probably came from southern Asia.
- In some parts of Asia and Africa, milk is not a popular drink.
- Many people in Japan and other parts of Asia drink three to five cups of green tea a day.
- Many tropical fruits come from South America and Southeast Asia.
- Mummies have been found in other places around the world; in the Americas as well as Europe and Asia.
- Scientists believe that people first started leaving Africa about 100,000 years ago, moving into parts of Europe and Asia, Australia, and the Americas.
- Some scientists believe rafts were used to sail from Asia to Australia as early as 70,000 years ago.
- The wheel was soon used by different groups of people across Europe and Asia.
- This change brings a lot of rain to India and other countries in Asia in a very short time.
- Today, they live all around the world: in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Australia.
- Turtles are often found in the traditional stories and songs of native people across North America, Asia, Africa, and South America.