bandstandnoun [ C ]uk /ˈbænd.stænd/ us /ˈbænd.stænd/
Examples from literature
- The lovers round the bandstand seemed to sway to it and draw closer to each other.
- There is a fine pavilion and bandstand at the end.
- There was a bandstand and musicians were playing some sort of music.
- They went through and out over the bridge of the south canal, on past the bandstand to the Administration building.
- To reach these he was obliged to pass close to the bandstand, where the band was playing as if the very existence of the show depended upon them.