blockheadnoun [ C ]uk /ˈblɒk.hed/ us /ˈblɑːk.hed/ old-fashioned informal
Examples from literature
- He is also sufficiently artful to conceal the fact that he considers the person he is talking to a mixture of a snob and a blockhead.
- I burn with indignation yet, as I think of a malignant blockhead who once taught me for a few months.
- Such fellows as these are ever your dullest of blockheads.
- They irritate one another so uselessly by calling one another fools, blockheads, liars, and so forth for no purpose.
- Who asked thee to meddle in my affairs, or to inquire whether I am a wise man or a blockhead?