blue pencilnoun [ S ]uk /ˌbluː ˈpen.səl/ us /ˌbluː ˈpen.səl/
Examples from literature
- Be thankful for a merciless City Editor and his blue pencil.
- His blue pencil is often busy adding phrasing marks.
- If it weren't for him I would give you the proofs to blue pencil as much as you liked.
- It came marked with blue pencil together with a note.
- Now, taking up a blue pencil, he crossed off the number five.
- She found him sitting in his room working, applying a stout blue pencil authoritatively to bundles of filmy paper.