busbynoun [ C ]uk /ˈbʌz.bi/ us /ˈbʌz.bi/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Examples from literature
- If he had asked me to take his place upon the imperial throne I could only have nodded my busby.
- It was about the size of my busby—large enough to hold several pounds of powder.
- The Guards, it is stated, are to revert to the pre-war scarlet tunic and busby.
- The bullet scored its way through my hair and burst a hole on each side of my busby.
- Tossing away his cigarette and tightening the chin-strap of his busby, he trotted out in front of his men.